Proposals must be consistent with the FLAG Local Development Strategy for the area in question and address one or more of the following themes:
• adding value to fishery and aquaculture products
• creating/maintaining jobs in coastal areas
• promoting innovation in fisheries and aquaculture
• supporting diversification within coastal communities
• lifelong learning; attracting young people into fisheries; aquaculture and marine-related careers and activities
• promoting social well-being and cultural heritage in fisheries and aquaculture areas
• promoting best environmental practices
• strengthening the role and governance of fisheries communities in local development.
Specific priorities have been developed from these themes for each FLAG area and applicants are advised to consult the relevant FLAG strategy for the specific priorities for their area. It is also highly recommended that projects are discussed in advance with the local FLAG Coordinator.
Project evaluations will be carried out on a quarterly basis with the first round of assessments due to take place February 16.