At Inshore Ireland Publishing Limited your privacy is important to us. This notice details our policy relating to the collection, use and retention of personal data on our website www.inshore-ireland.com and across our social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) , in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection legislation.
What information we collect and why?
We do not collect personal, identifying information about you when you visit our website or social platforms unless you choose to provide that information (email, postal address etc). This happens when you:
- Sign up for a subscription
- Register to receive headlines
- Advertise or do business with us
How will we use your personal data?
When you give us any personal data we will use the data to:
- Enable you to use products and services that we may provide via the website, social media platforms or via our advertising team
- Enable you to become a registered user on our website, via subscription, signing up for news headlines or advertising
- If a transaction is required by you, to process your transaction and correspond with you in respect of the transaction or any related matter
- Provide you with your consent and according to your communications preferences, with information about our products and services, the latest news from our Websites via email, push notification or information about special offers that may be of interest to you
All data is stored and processed in the Republic of Ireland Only
Occasionally we would like to send you information about our services. If you have consented to opt-in to receive marketing material at any time from us, you may opt-out at a later date.
Links to Third-party websites
For your convenience we may provide links to other websites. Please note that we have no liability or responsibility for the content, data policies, procedures terms and conditions of these third-party websites, nor can we confirm that these websites are free from computer viruses or other harmful programmes or software.
Security of your data
We use industry standard security measures to protect your information and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of any information in our control. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure and we cannot ensure that all of your personally identifiable information provided via our website will never be accessed. However, we will use industry standard security measures to ensure that such information is kept as secure as possible.
Personal Data Rights Under GDPR
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- You can request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you
- You can tell us to correct any inaccurate data about you, or if we have incomplete information you can ask us to update the information. It is helpful if you keep us updated with your current personal data
- You can tell us to delete personal data that we hold about you
- You can tell us not to process your personal data for particular purposes any longer, or you can object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes
You can amend or delete your data by following the link: http://eepurl.com/du491T
We and certain third parties such as social platforms including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, as well as analytics sites such as Google Analytics, also gather particular information automatically when you visit our digital platforms through cookies. These cookies include preferences, pattern type, security, processes, advertising, session state, and analytics cookies.
We also use these cookies, where relevant, to authenticate user log-ins to our digital platforms, and remember any user preferences expressed, and to allow you to browse through the pages of the site. These cookies do not gather any personally identifiable data and expire once the session is over. For more information about cookies, see www.allaboutcookies.org
With this tool we monitor activity and user behaviour on our website for market research purposes, in order to enhance user experience as well as improve the efficiency and content of the website. We examine user trends using analytics tools in order to successfully operate our website and improve user experience. This personal data is collected in aggregate and is rendered anonymous. You can opt out of Google Analytics
Where data subject feels that Inshore Ireland Publishing Limited has not complied with its obligations under GDPR legislation, a complaint can be lodged to the Data Protection Commission. Procedure can be located on the following weblink: https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Making-a-Complaint-to-the-Data-Protection Commissioner/r/18.htm
Contact details for Inshore Ireland Publishing Limited Data Controller/Data Protection officer: Gillian Mills, Director, Tel: +353 1 2354804 E: [email protected]